Hero Ranch Kitchen Covid 19 Re-opening Response Plan
At Hero Ranch Kitchen our first priority is the Health & Safety of all of our Staff, Guests and the Communities that we service. We have been working around the clock to adapt to the ever-changing status of the COVID-19 pandemic. As a result, we have taken numerous precautionary measures to ensure the highest standards for a clean and sanitary environment for our guests and staff members. Each week we review the updates and guidelines provided to us from the State, County & CDC. We eagerly await the instruction and guidance from these agencies to help guide us into the next phases of operation during these times.
It has always been my belief to be as proactive as we can, so that we can always stay ahead of the curve. Because of the uncertainty of this virus, I believe it is important for us to plan as cautiously and as far out ahead as we can.
Even though we are currently only serving our guests with TOGO, DELIVERY & ONLINE orders, we are taking proactive steps for a Re-Opening of Dine In Services once we are allowed to provide Dine In Services again.
We have implemented the following measures immediately:
(1) We have installed Thermal Cameras at the entry point of our establishment. These cameras can detect body temperatures for up to 5 people at a time, at distances as far as 30 feet away. Anyone that attempts to enter our establishment (employee or guest) will be required to pass through this camera zone. If an individual registers with a temperature over 99.6 degrees, the system will immediately alert us with a text or email notification.
(2) We have immediately begun the regular practice of Electrostatic Fogging of all of our hard surfaces, high traffic areas and high touch point areas. We use the most ECO Friendly & Green Virucides on the market. These Virucides have been certified to kill 99.9 percent of all virus & harmful bacteria (including Covid 19) if used correctly. These products have been tested to be safe on all surfaces. **(This practice does not guarantee the transmission of virus or bacteria, but our mission is to mitigate as much risk as is possible through regularly sanitizing these areas)**
(3) We have created multiple sanitation stations throughout the food prep areas, restaurant, and customer pick up areas to help prevent the spread of germs. Our service staff are required to thoroughly sanitize these areas before & after each guest has picked up their meals, and during regular intervals of every 30 minutes.
(4) All staff are required to wear PPE (includes masks & gloves during food prep and food service). All staff must wash their hands every 30 minutes and additionally as needed. All staff are required wash their hands with soap & water for at least 30 seconds.
(5) All of our prepared foods are packaged in accordance with the health and safety standards of the Department of Environmental Health. All food is packaged and delivered to customers in sealed containers with fitted snap on lids.
(6) All staff have been provided with the weekly updates and requirements from the Department of Environmental Health & CDC. At the start of each shift all safety & sanitation protocols are reviewed in detail to ensure that all policies and regulations are adhered to.
(7) HRK IN HOUSE DELIVERY SERVICE: Hero Ranch Kitchen provides its own personal food delivery service to our guests in Saratoga, Los Gatos, Monte Sereno & Surrounding Communities for orders over $75.00. Instead of using services such as Door Dash or Uber Eats, where we can’t control or guarantee food safety and sanitation, we have chosen to use our own staff to deliver to our guests, so that we can ensure the highest sanitary standards.
(8) We have prepared new in - house floor plans of our interior & outside dining areas, to provide for adequate social distancing requirements, once we are allowed to re-open for dine in service.
We recognize that this is a difficult and challenging time for all of us. We will do our best to keep you all as informed as possible on all requirements for re-entry plans.
Angelo C Heropoulos | Owner Hero Ranch Kitchen